Pattern delivered as an electronic download.
The Alice Book Bag is a smart-looking messenger style bag. Its versatile design allows it to convert from a double shoulder strap to a single strap worn cross-body. The vertical profile of the bag offers plenty of room for a journal, magazines, and waterbottle with interior and exterior pockets for smaller items. Alice will look great made in a fresh bold print or going old school by repurposing a vintage tablecloth or curtains. This pattern is part of my Make New or Make Do™ sewing pattern collection.
My 7-page printable PDF instructions include color photographs, detailed diagrams, glossary and all the assembly directions you'll need to make the Alice Book Bag (12" W x 13" H x 2" D).
Materials you'll need to make the Alice Book Bag:
• 3/4 yd of 45” wide Main fabric (Light to mid-weight fabrics, such as quilting cottons, twill canvas, decorator fabrics, linens.)
• 3/4 yd of 45” wide Lining fabric (Light weight fabrics, such as quilting cottons, broadcloth and shirting)
• 1 ¼ yd of 20” wide woven cotton fusible interfacing
• 2 yards of 1” wide cotton webbing
• 2 (or 3, optional) curtain grommets, 1” diameter hole
Note: No tools are needed to attach the grommets, they are easy to use and snap together using your fingers.
Format: PDF File - Available for Instant Download
Downloadable Pattern FAQs