Pattern delivered as an electronic download.
The Hex Messenger has a cute hexie shape that's fun to make. Create a bold graphic look with solid colors or mix it up with your favorite prints. The Hex Messenger Bag can be made almost entirely with pre-cut quilt strips ("jelly rolls") or a variety of fun fabric scraps from your stash. The bag is lined and has a large interior pocket. This pattern is part of my Make New or Make Do™ sewing pattern collection.
Skill Level: Confident Beginner to Intermediate*
My 8-page printable PDF instructions include color photographs, detailed diagrams, glossary and all the assembly directions you'll need to make the Hex Messenger Bag (9" H x 10" W x 2" D).
Light weight fabrics, such as quilting cottons, broadcloth and shirting:
• 1/4 yd of 45” wide fabric in Contrast A, Contrast B, and Contrast C
(or 2 pre cut quilting strips, 2 ½” x 44” in Contrast A, B and C)
• 1/8 yd of 45” wide Outer Gusset fabric (or 1 pre cut quilting strip, 2 ½” x 44”)
• 1/4 yd of 45” wide Strap fabric (or 2 pre cut quilting strips, 2 ½” x 44”)
• 1/2 yd of 45” wide Lining fabric
• 1 yd of 20” wide woven cotton fusible interfacing
• 1 yard of 18” wide cotton batting
• Coordinating thread
• Decorative button (optional)
* For a Beginner Level version of the Hex Messenger Bag, try sewing the Prism style (shown in purple) using full triangles instead of pieced strips. Instructions included with pattern.
Format: PDF File - Available for Instant Download
Downloadable Pattern FAQs