Pattern delivered as an electronic download.
See that cute little green caterpillar? She has a secret! When you turn her inside out she transforms into a sparkly purple butterfly!
This clever softie is fun to make and fun to play with. And that "Wow!" moment when you first turn a her inside out and see the transformation is priceless!
Check out my blog post to see an animation of the caterpillar/butterfly toy in action!
To make the caterpillar and butterfly you'll need some fleece (less than 1/4 yard of each color), cord or ribbon, and sparkly organza for the pretty wings (again, less than 1/4 yard). The eyes are white and black felt and the mouths are stitched with embroidery floss.
I recommend this pattern for those with some sewing experience. Although it is not difficult to sew, the construction is a bit more advanced than a simple softie. If you are looking to learn some new skills and are curious how inside out toys are made, this is the perfect pattern for you!
1. Keep a copy of your receipt as proof of purchase.
2. The items cannot be mass-produced. They must be made by hand, one at a time.
3. Items must be made only by the individual who purchased the pattern.
4. Credit is given to Abby Glassenberg as the pattern designer on a tag affixed to each item and, if selling online, the listing (on Etsy, etc.) must contain a direct link to where the pattern can be purchased.
5. You may make alterations to the pattern, but you must still link to the original pattern and credit Abby Glassenberg on the item’s tags and listings.
Format: PDF File - Available for Instant Download
Downloadable Pattern FAQs