Pattern delivered as an electronic download.
Cross the Body Hipster PDF sewing PATTERN *LOMBARD STREET*
Finished bag size =
Approx. 25.5cm (10”) X 29cm (11½”) X 5cm (2”)
Difficulty = ADVANCED
The pattern for the Lombard Street Cross the Body Hipster Bag has a full requirements list with suggestions on where to obtain your hardware, 47 pages of comprehensive instructions which include 81 step by step colour photos. There are 4 photos of the finished bag, printing instructions and test squares to print to check your scale. 13 Pattern pieces are included. PLUS a TEXT ONLY version of the instructions (9 pages) comes bundled with your pattern for printing purposes, should you not need or wish to print all of the photos! Simply refer to your electronic versions for photos if needed! Saves on ink!
ALL my patterns have measurements for both Metric and Imperial and seam allowances are included too!
The Lombard Street Bag is perfect for keeping your iPad or other similar sized electronic device nice and secure and well protected in its specially designed zippered pocket. The bag also features 2 large front slip pockets PLUS a hidden slip pocket for your mobile phone. There is also a third large front pocket with a hidden zipper to keep your valuables secure. The Lombard Street Bag opens with a recessed zipper leading to a spacious interior, where another 4 slip pockets keep you organised! Add some nice shiny rivets to your adjustable strap and nobody will believe you made it yourself!
MATERIALS LIST: (Note yardage is meant as a guide and may not be exact - You should allow extra for pattern matching etc)
• Exterior fabric: 90 cm (1 yard) of 112cm (44”) wide fabric
• Lining fabric: 90 cm (1 yard) of 112cm (44”) wide fabric
• Fusible interfacing: mid-weight, 110cm (42”) of 112cm (44”) wide interfacing (Pellon
Shape-Flex SF101 is a good choice –2 yards)
• ByAnnie’s Soft & Stable: 46cm X 91cm (18” X 36”) (or substitute with Headliner Foam; you can also use fusible fleece, however, you will end up with a bag that is more floppy)
• Matching thread (I use Gutermann Polyester)
• 1 X 28cm (11”) zipper or longer, cut down to size for hidden zipper pocket
• 1 X 30cm (12”) zipper or longer, cut down to size for your recessed zipper
• 1 X 40cm (16”) zipper or longer, cut down to size for your iPad pocket
• 2 X 6mm (¼”) rivets (optional)
• 1 X 2.5cm (1”) inner diameter rectangular slider for the adjustable strap
• 2 X metal oval shaped eyelets: inner measurements, 26mm X 9mm (1⅟16” X ⅜”) (Some people attach the straps using conventional tabs if you cannot get the eyelets!)
• Small amount of fray stopper and craft glue for setting eyelets
The pattern comes ready to print out on standard A4 paper OR you can also print on Letter or Foolscape simply by checkling the "Disable shrink to fit" or similar in your printers settings. Printing Instructions are included.
You are welcome to sell your finished bags! Please checkout the ChrisW Designs copyright policy in full in the shop policy section for further info. http://www.etsy.com/shop/ChrisWDesigns/policy?ref=shopinfo_policies_leftnav
Format: PDF File - Available for Instant Download
Pages: 72 (Instructions + Photos: 51; Pattern Pages: 12; Text-only Instructions: 9)
Downloadable Pattern FAQs