Pattern delivered as an electronic download.
Handbag PDF sewing PATTERN *STOW IT ALL TOTE*
Finished bag size =
Approx. 41cm W X 31cm H X 11.5cm D.(16" W X 12" H x 4½" D.)
Difficulty = Intermediate.
The pattern for the Stow It All has a full requirements list with suggestions on where to obtain your hardware, 40 pages of comprehensive instructions which include 77 step by step colour photos. There are 2 photos of the finished bag, printing instructions and test squares to print to check your scale. Cutting measurements are provided PLUS 12 Pattern pieces are included - YOU choose which you prefer to use! (Except where a pattern piece is required such as for a shaped piece!)
PLUS a TEXT ONLY version of the instructions (10 pages) comes bundled with your pattern for printing purposes, should you not need or wish to print all of the photos! Simply refer to your electronic versions for photos if needed! Saves on ink!
ALL my patterns have measurements for both Metric and Imperial and seam allowances are included too!
The Stow It All is the perfect sized tote for a day out shopping, with plenty of pockets to keep organised while you shop! This spacious tote features 5 exterior slip pockets, 1 exterior twist lock pocket, a recessed zipper closure, an interior zipper pocket, two slip pockets and a pen pocket. Of course the addition of a twist lock, rivets (optional), bag feet, rings and cute hooks on the straps makes this tote look so professional!
MATERIALS LIST: (Note yardage is meant as a guide and may not be exact)
• Exterior solid fabric: 20cm (20”) of 112cm (44”) wide fabric
• Exterior patterned fabric: 70cm (28”) of 112cm (44”) wide fabric
• Lining fabric: 1m (40”) of 112cm (44”) wide fabric
• Fusible woven interfacing: mid-weight, 150cm (60”) of 112cm (44”) wide interfacing [Pellon Shape-Flex SF101 is a good choice – 3m (4 yards)]
• Fusible non-woven interfacing: mid-weight, 40cm (16”) of 112cm (44”) wide interfacing [Pellon 931TD is a good choice – 90cm (1 yard)]
• ByAnnie’s Soft & Stable: 91.5cm X 33cm (36” X 13”), or substitute with Headliner Foam and a heavy weight interfacing for the exterior (you can also use fusible fleece, however, you will end up with a bag that is substantially more floppy)
• Fusible fleece: 45cm (½ yard) Vilene H630 or 971F Thermolam Plus
• Matching thread (I use Gutermann Polyester)
• Piece of template plastic for bag base – 36cm X 9cm (14 3/16” X 3½”)
• 1 X 48cm (19”) handbag zipper (or longer, cut down to size) for your zipper closure
• 1 X 23cm (9”) dress zipper (or longer, cut down to size) for interior zipper pocket
• 1 X twist lock (Or substitute with a magnetic snap if you prefer!)
• 4 X 2.5cm – 4cm (1”- 1½) inner diameter rings
• 4 X 2.5cm (1”) hooks
• 4 X 12mm (½”) bag feet
• 8 X 8mm (¼”) rivets (optional)
• Small amount of fray stopper and craft glue for setting twist lock (optional BUT makes the job more professional – I use Gutermann HT2)
The pattern comes ready to print out on standard A4 paper OR you can also print on Letter or Foolscape simply by checkling the "Disable shrink to fit" or similar in your printers settings. Printing Instructions are included!
You are welcome to sell your finished bags! Please checkout the ChrisW Designs copyright policy in full in the shop policy section for further info. http://www.etsy.com/shop/ChrisWDesigns/policy?ref=shopinfo_policies_leftnav
Format: PDF File - Available for Instant Download
Pages: 69 (Instructions + Photos: 44; Pattern Pages: 15; Text-only Instructions: 10)
Downloadable Pattern FAQs