Pattern delivered as an electronic download.
Imagine making a baby’s first favorite toy – a soft, huggable, handmade teddy bear. This bear has embroidered features and machine-sewn arms, legs, and ears. There are no small parts that might come off, even after years of snuggling and play. And make a cute matching blankie, too, perfect for the crib and complete with little ribbon loops to play with.
This quick and easy pattern will become a go-to staple of your sewing repertoire, as you turn a half yard of soft fleece and a fat quarter of quilting cotton or flannel into an adorable bear and blankie set that will delight baby and parents alike. A quick and easy gift for that special person’s baby shower! This bear can also be sewn from quilting cotton if you'd like (see the last photo).
Like all of my patterns, this sewing pattern includes step-by-step photos, clear written instructions, and full-sized templates. You'll be able to make the Baby Bear and Blankie Set with ease! The finished bear is 12 inches tall and the blankie is 12 inches x 15 inches.
This sewing pattern is best suited for advanced beginners who already know how to sew a straight stitch on their sewing machines, how to baste, and how to do some simple hand stitching. If you've made a softie or two before, you're ready for this pattern!
The Baby Bear and Blankie Set is an original sewing pattern by Abby Glassenberg. Copyright 2012. All rights reserved. It is illegal to distribute this pattern electronically or in hard copy without my permission.
1. Keep a copy of your receipt as proof of purchase.
2. The items cannot be mass-produced. They must be made by hand, one at a time.
3. Items must be made only by the individual who purchased the pattern.
4. Credit is given to Abby Glassenberg as the pattern designer on a tag affixed to each item and, if selling online, the listing (on Etsy, etc.) must contain a direct link to where the pattern can be purchased.
5. You may make alterations to the pattern, but you must still link to the original pattern and credit Abby Glassenberg on the item’s tags and listings.
Format: PDF File - Available for Instant Download
Downloadable Pattern FAQs