Contemporary tote and purse.
Pattern delivered as an electronic download.
Unique "Opposite Applique" Design
*Fat Quarter Friendly*
- Your finished bag will be approximately 11” wide x 8.5” high.
- Straps are 14” long and have an approximate 6” drop.
Our quilted tote bag pattern is the perfect size for an iPad, and will also hold eReaders, small books, even a sewing project. Easy to make closure (with directions for button or snap), fully lined with soft flannel and large interior pocket, plus padded straps for comfort. You could also easily use this small bag as a makeup case, or as an attractive way to carry a few art supplies or a journal around...
An alternate colorway is shown on the cover to illustrate how cute this bag looks in both bright and funky colors and modern fabrics as well as rich earth tones. Use your imagination to play up the alternating leaf halves – stripes would look great, or even subdued batiks!
* This ePattern is recommended for beginners and beyond. Assumes basic sewing skills and knowledge of how to make a buttonhole (but instructions for a sew-in snap are also provided). Incorporates simple piecing techniques and raw edge applique, assumes basic knowledge of quilting.*
Just 3 Fat Quarters (if your fabric is directional or you want to fussy cut, you may need more yardage), muslin, batting, fusible webbing, fusible interfacing, buttons or sew-in snap, and basic sewing supplies such as: sewing machine, ruler, cutting mat, rotary cutter, scissors, thread, iron, walking foot, etc.
You will receive one 13-page ePattern in PDF format that includes:
- materials list and detailed cutting diagrams
- easy-to-follow step-by-step tutorial-style instructions heavily illustrated with full color photographs of the finished product and various steps in the process
- to-scale pattern pieces to print (no need to enlarge, just print and sew!)
- Think green! To save paper and ink, and to be good to the environment, we have provided a duplicate of the text only Instructions in this pattern at the end of the PDF file for you to print. You can refer to the illustrations online if you’d like (as printing in color on an inkjet printer can be costly).
This pattern is for your personal use and enjoyment. No part of this pattern may be reproduced in any manner, except as stated here. Our designs, instructions, photographs, and patterns are covered under federal copyright laws. Please do not reproduce them by any electronic, mechanical, or other means for commercial use. You are allowed to print and/or photocopy this pattern for your personal use. You are limited to creating up to 10 products for sale at retail craft shows but they may not be mass produced and/or wholesaled. This pattern may not be forwarded or shared. Teachers: You may use this pattern for teaching, subject to these restrictions. Each student should purchase a copy of the pattern. We take great care in writing our instructions to provide you with a quality pattern; however, no warranty is given nor are results guaranteed since we don’t have control over your choice of materials or procedures.
Format: PDF File - Available for Instant Download
Pages: 13 (Instructions + Illustrations - 8, Pattern Sheets - 2, Text-only Printable Instructions - 3)
Downloadable Pattern FAQs