Pattern delivered as an electronic download.
The Steph In The City Bag is just the perfect sized shoulder bag! With it’s attractive pleats, and belt detail - it looks pretty stylish and the possible looks with different fabrics, rings, and even studs, are endless. Try a contrasting belt or even a leather one. With the adjustable strap, use it as a cross body bag.
Be your own bag designer and customize this pattern with different fabrics, pockets and openings. Included are instructions for a magnetic closure, a zipper opening, a zipper pocket, and a double slip pocket. This pattern suits an experienced beginner to an advanced sewer.
This pattern includes 100+ full color photos and diagrams, and full size pattern pieces with seam allowances included. All measurements are in both metric and imperial. If you have troubles, please email me at and I would be very happy to help you through it.
Finished Size: Width: 16” (41 cm) across bottom, and 13” (33 cm) at belt, Height: 12” (30.5 cm) from middle bottom to top opening at center Strap: 25” - 40” (63.5 cm - 102 cm)
MATERIALS: (yardages are approximate and generous)
• 1 yd/1 m Exterior fabric (quilting cotton, canvas, or décor cotton)
• 1 yd/1 m Lining fabric (light to mid-weight fabric like quilting cotton)
• 3/4 yd/.75 m Fusible batting/fleece (Vilene H640 – Pellon)
• 1 yd/1 m Fusible interfacing to match fabric weight (medium-light weight)
• thick heavy-weight fusible interfacing such as heavy Fast2Fuse, Peltex or Vilene S520
for magnet closure (2 pieces at 1.5” x 1.5”/4 cm x 4 cm each)
• 7” (18 cm) or longer zipper for optional interior zipper pocket
• 1 (14mm – 18mm) Magnetic Snap Closure for optional magnetic snap opening
• Water-soluble Erasable Marking Pen, or Chalk Pencil
• Rotary Cutting Tool, Mat, and Ruler (or a long meter or yard stick to measure)
• 3 O-Rings 1 ½” (40 mm) wide (Rectangular Rings or D-Rings will work too,
experiment with sizes)
• 1 bag strap slider (1 ½”/40 mm) for adjustable strap
• 12” (30 cm) Closed End zipper for optional zipper opening
• You may sell items made from this pattern in your shop or market stall; however this pattern is not to be used for mass production.
• You may not claim this pattern as your own or allow others to use it. Do not make copies of this pattern; this pattern is for personal and limited commercial use for one purchaser only.
Format: PDF File - Available for Instant Download
Pages: 23 (Instructions + Illustrations - 17, Pattern Sheets - 6)
Downloadable Pattern FAQs