Pattern delivered as an electronic download.
Hiss! These snakes are easy to sew and so much fun to play with. With this PDF sewing pattern you'll get three choices of snakes to make: a basic snake, a curvy snake, and a coiled snake. All of the snakes have open mouths with long, forked tongues and big silly eyes. Snakes make great easy-to-sew gifts for babies and kids of all ages.
Like all of my patterns, this sewing pattern includes step-by-step photos, clear written instructions, and templates. You'll be able to make all three of these snakes with ease! The basic snake measures 21 inches x 4 inches tall. The curvy snake measures 12 inches x 4 inches tall. And the coiled snake measures 10 inches x 6 inches tall.
For one snake you'll need:
-1/2 yard of fleece for the body
-fleece scraps for the mouth and eyes
-felt scraps for tongue and eyeballs/pupils
-3 ounces of fiberfill stuffing
-12 inches of white embroidery floss to create highlights on the pupils
-Optional: a squeaker or a rattle insert
This sewing pattern is best suited for advanced beginners to intermediate sewers. I take you through the assembly process every step of the way so if you've made a softie or two before, you're ready for this pattern! I recommend using fleece for this project because it is soft, a bit stretchy, vibrantly colored, and inexpensive. Other fabrics may be substituted, but fleece is recommended.
The Squeaky Snakes! sewing pattern was designed by me, Abby Glassenberg, and is copyrighted 2012. All rights reserved. It is illegal to distribute this pattern electronically or in hard copy without my permission.
1. Keep a copy of your receipt as proof of purchase.
2. The items cannot be mass-produced. They must be made by hand, one at a time.
3. Items must be made only by the individual who purchased the pattern.
4. Credit is given to Abby Glassenberg as the pattern designer on a tag affixed to each item and, if selling online, the listing (on Etsy, etc.) must contain a direct link to where the pattern can be purchased.
5. You may make alterations to the pattern, but you must still link to the original pattern and credit Abby Glassenberg on the item’s tags and listings.
Format: PDF File - Available for Instant Download
Downloadable Pattern FAQs