Pattern delivered as an electronic download.
Abracadabra…hocus pocus…shazam! Say some magic words and this rabbit puppet will pop out of the magician’s hat! Create this clever, fun toy as a gift for a child. It’s sure to play a starring role in their creative playtime!
This sewing pattern is perfect for advanced beginners. It involves sewing a straight stitch on the sewing machine, basting, and some simple hand stitching.
With this pattern you'll sew cute, soft rabbit hand puppet with a fully lined, stuffed head. You'll also make a black magician's hat and then you'll see how the two are cleverly attached to make this super fun and professional-looking puppet! Put your pinky in one of the rabbit's arms, your thumb in the other, and your middle three fingers in his head to make him wave and nod to the crowd! You can pull him down completely inside the hat as though he's disappeared, then make him pop out again to be the star of the show!
Like all of my patterns, this sewing pattern includes step-by-step photos, clear written instructions, and full-sized templates.
The magician’s hat is 8 inches tall. With the rabbit fully extended, the toy is 19 inches tall. You'll need:
-white, pink and black fleece
-stiff sew-in interfacing such as Pellon 70 (readily available at all fabric stores)
-a bit of stuffing, 2 black beads and some embroidery floss
The Rabbit in a Magic Hat pattern was designed by me, Abby Glassenberg, and is copyrighted 2012. All rights reserved. It is illegal to distribute this pattern electronically or in hard copy without my permission.
1. Keep a copy of your receipt as proof of purchase.
2. The items cannot be mass-produced. They must be made by hand, one at a time.
3. Items must be made only by the individual who purchased the pattern.
4. Credit is given to Abby Glassenberg as the pattern designer on a tag affixed to each item and, if selling online, the listing (on Etsy, etc.) must contain a direct link to where the pattern can be purchased.
5. You may make alterations to the pattern, but you must still link to the original pattern and credit Abby Glassenberg on the item’s tags and listings.
Format: PDF File - Available for Instant Download
Downloadable Pattern FAQs