Contemporary organizing accessory.
Find it Fast! Organizer Sewing ePattern (PDF)
- Your finished organizer will be approximately 9.5” wide x 13” high x 2” deep.
- 1 external and 3 interior pockets, with optional small interior pocket
- 3 pleated pouches
- elastic loop and button closure
A perfect way to organize your finances, or whatever you need to organize! 3 pleated pouches hold your checkbooks & savings account registers perfectly, with 4 pockets to store bills, paperwork, stamps, return address labels, and more. Plus an optional smaller pocket for paperclips, credit cards, etc. Can be quilted or not . . . your choice. Both cotton and heavier weight fabrics work great. With decorative pocket topstitching, this gives you a chance to use some of those fun stitches that came with your machine. The finished organizer/portfolio has a deep 2” spine so it can hold a lot, plus foam core inserts give it structure.
Two colorways are shown here to illustrate how cute this looks in a bright green floral and striped combination as well as a lightweight denim solid and floral.
* This ePattern is recommended for beginners and beyond. Assumes basic sewing skills. Incorporates simple piecing techniques and assumes basic knowledge of quilting if you choose to quilt your organizer.*
¾ yard of 2 coordinating fabrics (if your fabric is directional or you want to fussy cut, you may need more yardage), muslin, fusible batting, fusible interfacing, 1 large button, elastic cording and glue… plus basic sewing supplies such as: sewing machine, ruler, cutting mat, rotary cutter, scissors, thread, iron, walking foot, etc. A WALKING FOOT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED due to the thickness you’ll encounter during some of the steps!
You will receive one 10-page ePattern in PDF format, via email, that includes:
- materials list and detailed cutting diagrams
- easy-to-follow step-by-step tutorial-style instructions heavily illustrated with full color photographs of the finished product and various steps in the process
- Think green! To save paper and ink, and to be good to the environment, we have provided a duplicate of the text only Instructions in this pattern at the end of the PDF file for you to print. You can refer to the illustrations online if you’d like (as printing in color on an inkjet printer can be costly).
This pattern is for your personal use and enjoyment. No part of this pattern may be reproduced in any manner, except as stated here. Our designs, instructions, photographs, and patterns are covered under federal copyright laws. Please do not reproduce them by any electronic, mechanical, or other means for commercial use. You are allowed to print and/or photocopy this pattern for your personal use. You are limited to creating up to 10 products for sale at retail craft shows but they may not be mass produced and/or wholesaled. This pattern may not be forwarded or shared. Teachers: You may use this pattern for teaching, subject to these restrictions. Each student should purchase a copy of the pattern. We take great care in writing our instructions to provide you with a quality pattern; however, no warranty is given nor are results guaranteed since we don’t have control over your choice of materials or procedures.
Sewing pattern delivered via electronic download.
Format: PDF File - Available for Instant Download.
Pages: 10 (Instructions + Illustrations - 7, Text-only Printable Instructions - 3).
Downloadable Pattern FAQs