Pattern delivered as an electronic download.
A sweet little animal face attached to a soft blankie body makes a perfect first toy for babies to hug and hold! My 18-month-old brings her lovey everywhere she goes. This pattern gives you instructions to make kitty, bear, bunny and puppy lovies. Lovey Dovies make great handmade gifts for new babies, are easy and quick to make, and are fun to customize. They are sure to be the star of your next baby shower!
Like all of my patterns, this sewing pattern includes step-by-step photos, clear written instructions, and templates. You'll be able to make a Lovey Dovey with ease! The finished toy will be approximately 11 inches tall x 8 inches wide.
This project comes together with just a little bit of fabric and a little bit of time, and the results are so adorable. I think you're going to love this making lovies!
This sewing pattern is best suited for advanced beginners who already know how to sew a straight stitch on their sewing machines, how to baste, and how to do some simple hand stitching. If you've made a softie or two before, you're ready for this pattern! I recommend using fleece for this project because it is soft, a bit stretchy, vibrantly colored, and inexpensive. Other fabrics may be substituted, but fleece is recommended.
The Lovey Dovey pattern was designed by me, Abby Glassenberg, and is copyrighted 2012. All rights reserved. It is illegal to distribute this pattern electronically or in hard copy without my permission.
1. Keep a copy of your receipt as proof of purchase.
2. The items cannot be mass-produced. They must be made by hand, one at a time.
3. Items must be made only by the individual who purchased the pattern.
4. Credit is given to Abby Glassenberg as the pattern designer on a tag affixed to each item and, if selling online, the listing (on Etsy, etc.) must contain a direct link to where the pattern can be purchased.
5. You may make alterations to the pattern, but you must still link to the original pattern and credit Abby Glassenberg on the item’s tags and listings.
Format: PDF File - Available for Instant Download
Downloadable Pattern FAQs